Forum
» Hauptforum » Forum: TA Spring » Thread: chance in the 84th minute, w

[ Neuer Eintrag - letzter Post ]
Thread
Seite: « 1 »
#1 » 16.05.15 10:44h
gengm125
User
TORONTO - When Todd Redmond takes the mound on Sunday afternoon, hell be looking to pitch the Blue Jays to a series sweep over the Rays and, depending on two out-of-town results, send his hometown team away without a playoff berth. "Thats fine. Im okay with that," said Redmond. "Im going to go out there and treat it like any other start. Its the last game of the year and we have a chance to win a game. Thats how Im going to treat it." Redmond is a native of St. Petersburg, Florida. He grew up going to Devil Rays games. He says he wasnt a fan of the team, they werent a good team at the time, but he and his friends would descend upon Tropicana Field to watch baseball and seek out autographs. A few of his pals got in touch with him on Saturday. "Ive had a few texts already," said Redmond. "My buddy texted me earlier. He said that hes getting some people calling him saying to not do so good. But he told me to out there and beat them and send them home. Thats what Im going to try to do." Sundays start, in the Jays season finale, will be Redmonds 14th of the year. Hes 4-1 with a 3.80 ERA in his first 13 starts. Picked up on waivers from the Orioles during spring training, the 28-year-old was little more than an afterthought, a depth guy, at the time. Now hes given the front office, and the manager, something to think about as the Blue Jays prepare for 2014. "Its a pretty good story," said manager John Gibbons. "He came out of nowhere, we didnt know what to expect but he really forced his way, earned his way into that rotation and hes done a great job. His last few outings, too, hes shown where he can go further and further into the game and maintain things. Early on he was basically a three, four inning guy, maybe you hoped to get five. He put himself on the map. Its a nice story. Its been a long road for him. Im sure hes pretty excited about it." Redmond knows hell have many eyes from back home watching him on Sunday afternoon. "You want to go out there and throw strikes, get ahead of hitters and treat this like any other start," he said. "Treat it like my last start in Baltimore. Im still trying to earn a spot for next year so trying to impress and go out there and throw strikes and try to get people out." TIE-BREAK SCENARIOS The Rays arrived in Toronto with a one-game lead on Cleveland for the American Leagues top wild card spot. Texas, on the outside, was two games back of Tampa Bay and a game back of the Indians, which held the second wild card spot. Since, the Rays have dropped two games to the Blue Jays while the Indians (visiting the Twins) and the Rangers (hosting the Angels) have each won twice. Entering today, with two playoff spots available, here are the wild card standings: Cleveland (91-70): – Tampa Bay (90-71): 1GB Texas (90-71): 1 GB In the event of a three way tie (that is, the Rays and Rangers win on Sunday and the Indians lose) Tampa Bay would visit Cleveland on Monday. The winner of that game would advance to Wednesdays wild card play-in game, while the loser would travel to Arlington, Texas to visit the Rangers on Tuesday for the right to play on Wednesday. All of that to say, the Rays have created a mess for themselves by playing so poorly in Toronto this weekend. Jerseys From China .J. -- If people were looking for Richard Sherman to get the weeklong hype for the Super Bowl started with another rant, the Seattle cornerback disappointed them. cheap nfl jerseys china . -- PGA TOUR Canada member Chris Epperson shot a 9-under 63 on Friday on PGA Wests Nicklaus Tournament Course to take a four-stroke lead after the second round of the Web. http://www.bizcheapjerseys.com/ . Not after all the mistakes in his first four games. Wholesale Jerseys from china .J. -- Before his team took the ice to face the Pittsburgh Penguins Saturday, New Jersey Devils forward Ilya Kovalchuk spoke to head coach Peter DeBoer about the possibility of taking a penalty shot. Wholesale Jerseys . -- The Buffalo Sabres got the lead for a change, and held onto it thanks to a stellar performance in goal by Jhonas Enroth.TORONTO -- The artistry Justin Mapp displayed in scoring Montreals lone goal drew rave reviews from even Toronto FC coach Ryan Nelsen on Wednesday night. Mapp danced through Torontos defence to score on Montreals only shot on net as the Impact salvaged a 1-1 draw in the first leg of the Amway Canadian Championship against a TFC side missing star striker Jermain Defoe. "Hes a lovely man, he goes about his business quietly," Nelsen said of Mapp. "That was a classy classy goal, to tell you the truth, and the only way I think really they were going to score, to break us down. "Sometimes you have to tip your hat." Defender Doneil Henry scored the lone goal for Toronto. The draw could be considered a victory for Montreal, since road goals carry more weight. If next Wednesdays second leg in Montreal was to end in a 0-0 tie, the Impact would win based on Mapps goal at BMO Field. "Coming away, the first leg, you score an away goal, its very important," said Impact coach Frank Klopas. "But also I felt we finished the game the second half, we played some good soccer, we had some good opportunities, and so its a good result on the road. But nothings done yet." The draw was the latest chapter in a Canadian Championship battle between these two teams. Toronto has won four of the six titles, Montreal has won the other two, including the inaugural tournament in 2008, and then last year. The winner earns the right to represent Canada in the CONCACAF Champions League. Toronto dominated possession for most of the night, and had five shots on net to the Impacts one in front of 18,269 mostly red-clad TFC fans at BMO Field. Nelsen sat Defoe because the former Tottenham Hotspur star was feeling "a wee bit tight." The coach admitted that, with the lineup he fielded, he was looking ahead to Saturdays Major League Soccer game against the visiting Columbus Crew. "But in saying that, I put out the team that I thought should have won that game," Nelsen said. "We gave a lot of guys a chance to prove themselves, and it looked a bit like they hadnt played together, sometimes it wasnt pretty. But they worked hard." Henry leapt to head home a corner from Daniel Lovitz in the 20th minute, a blistering shot from the top of the six-yard box that Impact goalkeeper Evan Bush had little chance of stopping. The goal was a positive -- finally -- for Henry, whos been mired in negatives lately. Most recently, in Torontos 2-2 draw at Sporting Kansas City, a foul by the Toronto defender inside the box cost the team a Kansas City penalty shot. "For Doneil, he showed his character," Nelsen said. "Obviously hes had a couple of tough ones that everybody likes to remind him of. Its the ability to get back on the horse and get back in the arena that I love about the kid." Mapp tied the game in the 70th, dribbling through Torontos back line and beating a lunging Steven Caldwell to fire a shot past keeper Joe Bendik. "Just collected it on thhe right side, started driving toward the top of the box.dddddddddddd . . ultimately nobody put pressure on the ball and I found myself at the top of the 18 and just had a go. Snuck in," Mapp said. "Nice of him to say," he added, when told of Nelsens praise. "Just trying to stay consistent and do my job each week. Its been tough for us, just trying to play my part, and hopefully it continues." "Tough" is an understatement for a Montreal team that has been struggling mightily this MLS season, looking nothing like the squad that made the playoffs last season. Montreal sits dead last in the league with one win, six losses and four draws. Toronto FC is 4-4-1. But the Impact picked up their pace in the second half, and are in the drivers seat heading into Wednesdays game. "It was tough, (Toronto) had a little more bite (in the first half), winning all the second balls, the soccer really wasnt pretty from either team," Mapp said. "But its Toronto-Montreal Cup final and at halftime, we just said Look, leave it all out there, and good or bad, you just dont know when youll have this chance again." Klopas raged about the refereeing in his post-game news conference. "For me to come here again and complain with the referees. Two clear hand balls in the box, for me its embarrassing. Its embarrassing," he said. "It was a good game played by both teams. . . but me the referees, to be talking about two clear hand balls. . "If youre going to have a final, at least let the players decide, not the referees making calls like this. For me, its an embarrassment." Nelsen said he had little sympathy for the opposing coach. "Talk about bad calls, weve been on the back end of a few of them this season, so Im not going to feel too bad for Frank," Nelsen said. Toronto controlled possession for much of a game that saw few scoring chances by either side. Dwayne De Rosario, who is tied for the tournaments all-time lead in goals with four and won back-to-back tournament MVP honours (2009 and 10), almost put Toronto up by two goals in the 58th minute when he rung a hard shot off the crossbar from about 25 yards out, drawing groans from the crowd. DeRosario sat on the turf in disbelief at his bad luck. De Rosario had another great chance in the 70th, lobbing a high ball over the head of Bush, who was well out of his net. But Heath Pearce was there to head the ball off the goal-line. De Rosario would have a third chance in the 84th minute, when Toronto was awarded a free kick just outside the 18-yard box, but he fired it high of the net. Lovitz had perhaps the best opportunity in the first half, one-timing a rebound off a beautiful cross from Ashtone Morgan. But he launched it well over the top of the crossbar. Toronto, which is 7-1-3 all-time against the Impact in Canadian Championship action, defeated the Vancouver Whitecaps to make the final, while Montreal edged second-division side FC Edmonton to earn its spot. wholesale jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Seite: « 1 »
[ Neuer Eintrag - letzter Post ]
Login:
eingeloggt bleiben

¬ Pwd vergessen?
¬ registrierung

noch Zeichen
Archiv
Bhumika Malhotra 
28.12.2023 12:22h
call girls in Panaji
Bhumika Malhotra 
28.12.2023 12:21h
Call Girls in Goa
srisha singh 
19.11.2022 08:36h
https://pastelink .net/a3wk9x85
srisha singh 
19.11.2022 08:27h
It's interesting to read about how a group step by step goes for their dream. I like such stories.
swatihedge 
12.10.2022 03:24h
High-class models mumbai call girls in Mumbai book call girls at rupees 5000 and get 10% discount. https://www.topmu mbaicallgirls.com https://www.topmu mbaicallgirls.com /andheri-call-gir ls.html
Deep 
7.07.2022 11:15h
https://healthyli fehuman.com/benef its-of-doing-mili tary-press/
Deep 
7.07.2022 11:06h
https://healthyli fehuman.com/benef its-of-doing-mili tary-press/
RAJAKUTIR rajakutir 
10.06.2021 04:36h
https://clik bet88.wildapricot .org
rajakutir 
14.05.2021 06:51h
anitalamba