Forum
» Hauptforum » Forum: TA Spring » Thread: n in-person hearing for the kn

[ Neuer Eintrag - letzter Post ]
Thread
Seite: « 1 »
#1 » 07.03.15 03:06h
gengm125
User
TORONTO - For over a month Nando De Colo was Torontos forgotten man, an afterthought at the bottom of a playoff-bound roster, a masked phantom lurking on the end of the Raptors bench. Who was he and why was he brought here? As the visitors locker room cleared out after Saturdays win in Milwaukee, a reporter approached De Colo, who was suddenly making an impact in an expanded role for his new, undermanned club. Curious about the origins of his first name, which isnt a traditional French moniker, said reporter asked the Raptors guard where it came from. "It came from my parents," he replied, straight-faced, flaunting a quick wit we didnt know he had. Up until last week we didnt know much about him at all. The acquisition of De Colo, trickling in minutes after the trade deadline passed, went under the radar. A player from the end of one bench exchanged for a player on the end of another. Masai Ujiri opted to hold onto Kyle Lowry and keep the band together, that was the headline. Austin Daye for De Colo was a footnote. Now, six weeks later, the move is owed some belated acknowledgement. Ujiri was familiar with De Colo having seen him play overseas and with the Spurs. He knew what he was getting. Dwane Casey was less acquainted with the second-year combo guard but was equally as intrigued by his intangibles and has been looking for a way to find him more playing time. With Lowry resting a sore knee, Casey has been provided that opportunity and De Colo, to his credit, is taking advantage of it. "Its what I was expecting and what we needed and wanted, as far as another ball handler," Casey told TSN.ca. "That was the main thing we saw. We needed another guy that can handle the ball, to create, to be a passer, a facilitator, a transporter of the ball, to get it across the court. "Hes done that." In extended minutes, backing up and playing alongside temporary starter Greivis Vasquez, De Colo has been a sparkplug coming in off the bench to begin the month of April. Over the last two games hes tallied 11 assists to just three turnovers in 42 minutes of action. After easing into his new surroundings, De Colo no longer appears reluctant to let it fly. Hes shooting and scoring with confidence, something he lacked upon arriving in Toronto, playing sporadically last month. "Hes still learning our system," said Casey, "still getting comfortable and the more he gets comfortable the more hes going to knock down shots. I think were seeing that now." The easy explanation for his confidence boost is the increased playing time that has come as a result of Lowrys injury. "Im finding a rhythm," said De Colo, who has attempted 16 shots over the last three games, the same number he hoisted in his first 14 contests with the Raptors. "Im in shape after adjusting to find a rhythm of the game with a new team. Now I just try to play my game, try to be aggressive like everybody wants on the team and since then Ive been good." Since arriving from the Spurs, De Colo has been touted for his basketball intellect and decision-making ability. Teammates and coaches have cited his time playing for the venerable Gregg Popovich with a world-class organization in San Antonio, as well as his experience overseas - where he competed professionally from the age of 19 - and with the French national team. In a year and a half with the Spurs he was sent back and forth from the NBA Development League an astonishing total of nine times, a product of the close proximity between San Antonio and its D-League affiliate in Austin. More so than the path hes traveled to get here, De Colo credits his approach. "I think its something Ive always had in my game," he said. "I try to see what happens and make good decisions. I know I can pass the ball. I must be aggressive on this kind of team and I have to take the open shot." Casey has entrusted De Colo to run his offence, immediately vaulting him over the young Julyan Stone and Dwight Buycks in Torontos backcourt rotation. When Lowry makes his return - hes expected to be cleared this week - the Raptors head coach has a decision to make. Can he afford to juggle minutes for three point guards going into the playoffs or does De Colo go back to the end of the bench? Although Casey has been most impressed with him as the primary ball handler, its conceivable that the Raptors could feature more two point guard lineups in the postseason, when the defence is likely to apply more pressure on Lowry. Of equal importance, the Raptors need to find out what they have in De Colo, a free agent at the end of the season. If Lowry is retained this summer and Vasquez - a restricted free agent - proves too expensive, De Colo may make more sense as an affordable backup, assuming he continues to impress. All of a sudden, De Colo has become more than late-season bench fodder. The Raptors under-the-radar deadline acquisition has helped keep them afloat in the absence of their most important player and could continue paying out come playoff time, and beyond. Nando is a name worth remembering. wholesale jerseys . -- Oakland Raiders running back Maurice Jones-Drew is being sued in Florida, accused of punching a bouncer at a St. cheap jerseys . -- Oakland Raiders running back Maurice Jones-Drew is being sued in Florida, accused of punching a bouncer at a St. http://www.cheapjerseyssafe.com/ . Buck finished with two hits for the Indians, while starter Mitch Talbot threw 5 1/3 innings. He gave up two runs (one earned) on three hits and three walks, while striking out two. Niko Gallego and Tony Abreu had RBI doubles for Arizona. wholesale nfl jerseys . Louis Blues will try to remain undefeated against the defending Stanley Cup champions this season when they visit the Chicago Blackhawks for Wednesdays Central Division showdown at United Center. nfl jerseys china . Agent Mike McCartney confirmed via Twitter on Sunday that Mendenhall had decided to end his playing career after six NFL seasons, all but one of them with the Pittsburgh Steelers.ST. PAUL, Minn. - Colorado Avalanche defenceman Tyson Barrie will miss the rest of the first-round playoff series against Minnesota and more. Coach Patrick Roy said after the Wilds 1-0 overtime win on Monday that Barrie has a medial collateral ligament injury in his left knee and will need four to six weeks to recover. Barrie was hurt in the second period when Wild left wing Matt Cooke delivered a knee-on-knee hit on the open ice. Roy said he expressed confidence the league will discipline Cooke, who has a long history of suspensions, for the hit. The NHL Department of PPlayer Safety announced on Twitter that Cooke has been offered an in-person hearing for the kneeing but said details were to be determined.dddddddddddd Roy called it the "play of the game," lamenting the loss of his teams best offensive defenceman. The coach said he thought the play warranted more punishment than Cookes two-minute minor penalty. "I think it wouldve broke their momentum. Theres a key moment in those games. And now we believe that the league will make the right call," Roy said. Barrie had 13 goals and 25 assists in the regular season. cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Seite: « 1 »
[ Neuer Eintrag - letzter Post ]
Login:
eingeloggt bleiben

¬ Pwd vergessen?
¬ registrierung

noch Zeichen
Archiv
Bhumika Malhotra 
28.12.2023 12:22h
call girls in Panaji
Bhumika Malhotra 
28.12.2023 12:21h
Call Girls in Goa
srisha singh 
19.11.2022 08:36h
https://pastelink .net/a3wk9x85
srisha singh 
19.11.2022 08:27h
It's interesting to read about how a group step by step goes for their dream. I like such stories.
swatihedge 
12.10.2022 03:24h
High-class models mumbai call girls in Mumbai book call girls at rupees 5000 and get 10% discount. https://www.topmu mbaicallgirls.com https://www.topmu mbaicallgirls.com /andheri-call-gir ls.html
Deep 
7.07.2022 11:15h
https://healthyli fehuman.com/benef its-of-doing-mili tary-press/
Deep 
7.07.2022 11:06h
https://healthyli fehuman.com/benef its-of-doing-mili tary-press/
RAJAKUTIR rajakutir 
10.06.2021 04:36h
https://clik bet88.wildapricot .org
rajakutir 
14.05.2021 06:51h
anitalamba